At Adjustments Family Services, we are committed to providing integrated, evidence-based treatment for anyone battling with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders.
Treatment and Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy skills
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Diverse educational and process groups, including trauma resolution, healthy boundaries, codependency, spirituality, recovery, anger management and family systems
- Family therapy, including our Intensive Family Weekend with educational lectures and process groups
- Holistic therapy options, including meditation, acupuncture, massage and mindfulness practices
Intensive Family Program
Family is a support system like no other, and so, at AFS, we do our best to make sure family and familiar faces are part of every individual’s recovery regime, as long as they contribute to a healthier you. The first people, apart from yourself who suffer when you become addicted to drugs, is your family, and family therapy is a good way to rebuild relationships and show you they still care.
Be aware though, that family inclusion and therapy is neither compulsory or imposed, our treatment specialists will discuss possibilities with you before a decision is reached, and so in the best interest of your recovery.
An area which cannot be overlooked when considering recovery and treatment is trauma. Trauma is rarely absent in cases of addiction and needs a dedicated treatment plan else the addiction treatment and recovery is compromised.
Being able to treat trauma gives us an edge in our treatment and as such, our carefully designed and implemented trauma treatment combines 3 different but complementary therapies;
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), which helps our client come to terms with unsettled and unprocessed memories and experiences, from which their harmful feelings, thoughts, and behaviors arise. Being able to recollect and face these memories can help the individual move on.
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), allows an individual to process their traumatic memories and experiences, and be able to reform their understanding and response to them, by firstly learning all about what trauma/PTSD is all about.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), which trains the individual to accept past experiences and then following with healthy committed action that will help them move one, after evaluating what those experiences mean and how they affect them.
Creativity is an expression and an art form, which could be a very potent medium for the patient. Being able to channel their thoughts and emotions helps with processing and releasing thoughts, exploring themselves, it refreshes their energy and keeps them mulling over negative thoughts or building negative energy.Traditional therapy has a few loopholes that creative expression can easily fix, especially in building self-confidence, esteem, and expressing deep thoughts. This unique form of therapy can either be verbal or non-verbal, focusing on multiple art forms, from collage art to painting.
Nature has a calming, soothing effect, and that’s exactly why we set up AFS here in California. The picture-perfect palm trees and sunny scenery help to create an atmosphere of serenity and peace for all our clients. Within this calming and beautiful environment, our caring staff can devote their attention to helping clients to rebuild their lives for the better.
Case Management and Aftercare
Our treatment center was a part of a new path that you DECIDED (it’s a powerful decision to start anew), and we believe that you’ve become a part of our family. Our confidence in our treatment is absolute and is based on sustainability, which is why we follow up after your time with us, with a continuing care plan that supplements your treatment and keeps you on this new path.